A couple of weeks ago I advertised a Speech Therapy coffee morning that I’d be running and each parent would get a free 20 minute slot and be encouraged to donate £5 to the NHS via my JustGiving page. Within 24 hours all seven slots had been taken and the enquiries kept coming in so I opened up 2 further dates (which subsequently filled too).
The slots are pretty straightforward with 20 minutes one to one consultation with your’s truly (via Zoom) and the recording forwarded to you afterwards (to help keep us focussed without needing to take notes).
The first 7 offered a huge variety of SLT ‘issues’:
- How to encourage language development in children 2-3.
- Planning evidence for an annual review in early 2021.
- How to work with a child with undiagnosed Auditory Processing Disorder at home.
- Strategies and activities to expand PECS and Colourful Semantics away from the table.
- How to gather evidence of a child’s SLT needs whilst in lockdown and the steps in securing this in a Statement (Wales haven’t moved to EHCPs).
- Activities to promote developing social interaction and social communication skills in a 18 month old.
- How to introduce new foods and new types of clothing to a little one who’s not the biggest fan of change.
I’m looking forward to this coming Wednesday where I’ll be ‘meeting’ with a further 6 parents and the following Wednesday too 🙂
To book a slot the link is https://calendly.com/chris-wade-slt/20-mins-consultation?month=2020-05 – check back frequently as I’ll keep adding dates!
As always, comments and questions are welcome!